General terms and conditions of sale
1. Subject These general terms and conditions define the rights and obligations of the parties in the context of the remote reservation of services offered by the LE PORTEL DES ARNAUD establishment on its Site and its Mobile Services.They govern all the steps necessary for the reservation and the follow-up of the reservation between the contracting parties.All reservations therefore imply the client's full and unreserved acceptance of these conditions.All clients acknowledge that they have the capacity to contract, i.e. that they are of legal majority and are not under guardianship or trusteeship.The names "Le Portel des Arnaud" refer throughout this text to the site named www. leporteldesarnaud.com and corresponding to the domain name that can be consulted at www. leporteldesarnaud.com.****COVID-19****In this period of health crisis, we would like to inform our customers of two specific elements of our General Terms and Conditions of Sale:Flexibility: Please read article 8 of these Terms and Conditions of Sale carefully.Liability: Please read article 11 of these GTC.
2. 2. Scope of applicationThese general terms and conditions of sale apply to all bookings made over the Internet, via the Website or the Mobile Services and its partners.
3. Opposability of the general terms and conditionsIn any event, the version of the general terms and conditions of sale that is enforceable against the customer is the one in force at the time of his reservation on the Website or the Mobile Services or with its partners.
4. BookingReservations can be made on the website, by telephone, by e-mail or by post.The reservation will only be effective if it is guaranteed by the customer, either by communicating a credit card number with validity date or by payment of a deposit, and after receipt of a detailed booking confirmation.Payment for all services will be made directly to the establishment (exceptions made for prepaid reservations at the time of booking).The establishment reserves the right to refuse any reservation in the event that the credit card number is incorrect or the reservation is incomplete.Reservations, regardless of origin, will be payable in Euros only.At the time of check-in, a credit card authorisation will be given to debit the credit card. This will be done for information purposes and will not be a charge to the account except in the following cases:- Non-cancellable - non-refundable" promotional offer.- If the validity date of the credit card is prior to the date of arrival.If the date of arrival is more than 30 days from the date of booking.The client is solely responsible for the choice of services and their suitability to his/her needs, so that the establishment cannot be held responsible in this respect.FOR ANY RESERVATION OF MORE THAN 3 NIGHTS,The Portel des Arnaud can debit the total amount of the reservation 7 days before the date of arrival.RENTAL CONDITIONS APPLYING TO GROUP BOOKINGSAny reservation of three or more rooms for one night is considered to be a Group reservation. The reservation becomes effective as soon as the customer has sent the owner a deposit of 30% of the total amount of the price of the stay (30% debit of the credit card). The prices include all charges excluding tourist tax, the balance will be debited 30 days before arrival.1- Cancellation by the client: Any cancellation must be notified by letter or e-mail to the owner. a)Cancellation before the start of the stay: if the cancellation is made more than 31 days before the start of the stay, the deposit will be retained by the client.If the cancellation occurs less than 30 days before the beginning of the stay, the deposit remains acquired by the owner who reserves the right to claim the balance of the price of the accommodation. b) If the customer does not show up before 7 p.m. on the day scheduled for the beginning of the stay, the present contract becomes null and void and the owner may dispose of his guest rooms. The deposit remains the property of the owner and the credit card will be debited for the total amount of the stay.) In the event of a shortened stay, the price corresponding to the cost of the accommodation will remain fully acquired by the owner. Additional services not consumed will be refunded.
5. PaymentThere are two ways of paying the deposit:- either by cheque payable to the establishment and sent directly to the establishment- or by bank transferIn this case, the reservation will only become firm and definitive on receipt of the deposit by the establishment, within the time limit.Payment of the balance of the stay will be made on site at the establishment.
6. Modification of stayAny change of reservation must be requested by email to the establishment or by telephone. The request will only become effective once the establishment has confirmed its acceptance in writing.In the event of a change of stay, the following conditions apply (except in cases of force majeure):- In case of no-show on the scheduled arrival date, your credit card will be debited for the total amount of your stay.- Any stay started is entirely due.
7. Cancellation of stayAny cancellation of a reservation must be requested by email to the establishment or by telephone. The request will only become effective once the establishment has confirmed its acceptance in writing.In the event of cancellation of a stay, the following conditions apply (except in cases of force majeure):- For any request made less than 7 days before the planned date of arrival, you will be charged the full amount of the stay.- In case of no-show on the scheduled arrival date, your credit card will be charged for the total amount of your stay.- Any stay started is entirely due.
8. Force majeureForce majeure is understood to mean any event that is unforeseeable, insurmountable and external to the parties that prevents either the client or the establishment from fulfilling all or part of the obligations provided for in the contract.Are considered as cases of force majeure or fortuitous events those usually recognised by the jurisprudence of the French Courts and Tribunals.Each party cannot be held responsible towards the other party in the event of non-performance of its obligations resulting from an event of force majeure.It is expressly agreed that force majeure suspends, for the parties, the execution of their reciprocal obligations and that each party shall bear the costs arising therefrom.**** In the case of COVID-19 the establishment accepts last-minute modifications and cancellations of stays if a new confinement or a restriction of movement were to be decided by the government.****
9. PricesPrices are indicated in Euros.The prices indicated only include the services strictly mentioned in the reservation.Any additional services provided by the establishment during the stay and, if applicable, the tourist tax will be added to the price mentioned in the booking.The applicable prices are those in force on the day of the reservation. The establishments, which are independent professionals, are free to vary their prices at any time. Only the price indicated in the booking confirmation is binding.
10. Complaints, disputesAny complaint must be made to the establishment within 7 days of the date of stay.Failing recourse to the conventional mediation procedure or to any alternative method of dispute resolution within 30 days, either party may refer the matter to the competent judicial court.
11. ResponsibilitiesIt is the responsibility of the Institution to take all guarantees and insurance necessary for the reception of the public in its Institution and the exercise of its activity.The Institution's liability is limited in the event of theft of goods or objects when they have been entrusted to its custody only.The client must ensure the safekeeping of his goods and materials. The customer must inform the establishment of any damage caused by him/her. He is responsible for all damage caused by his intermediary and undertakes, in the event of damage to the premises made available (bedroom, common areas such as swimming pool, jacuzzi, garden, lounge, sanitary facilities) to bear the costs of repair.Also, any behaviour contrary to good morals, public order, or considered as endangering the life of others will lead the establishment to ask the client to leave the establishment without any compensation and or without any reimbursement if a payment has already been made. In the event that no payment has yet been made, the client must pay the price of the nights consumed before leaving the establishment.**** In the case of COVID-19, the establishment has the right to refuse service if a customer does not respect the barrier gestures and/or refuses to comply with the establishment's health regulations. You can consult our sanitary protocol by clicking on this link: www.votreprotocolesanitaire.com. In the event of non-compliance and expulsion of the client, the client will be notified and payment for the stay will be due in full. ****The customer undertakes not to invite any person whose behaviour is likely to be prejudicial to the establishment, the latter reserving the right to intervene if necessary. The customer may not bring drinks or food from outside without prior authorisation from the management. The customer undertakes to ensure that all the participants and their guests respect all the rules and regulations of the establishment (in particular the smoking ban). The customer will ensure that the participants do not disturb the operation of the establishment or jeopardise the safety of the establishment and the people in it.Unless expressly provided otherwise, the guest must leave the room before 11:00 a.m. on the day of the end of the reservation. Failure to do so will result in an additional night's charge.For a stay at Le Portel des Arnaud with your pet, please contact us in advance, we reserve the right to refuse certain pets.Le Portel des Arnaud offers free WIFI access to allow guests to connect to the internet. The customer undertakes to ensure that the computer resources made available by the establishment are in no way used for the purpose of reproduction, representation, provision or communication to the public of works or objects protected by copyright or related rights, such as texts, images, photographs, musical works, audiovisual works, software and video games, without the authorisation of the holders of the rights provided for in Books I and II of the Intellectual Property Code when such authorisation is required. If the customer does not comply with the aforementioned obligations, he may be charged with the offence of counterfeiting (article L.335-3 of the intellectual property code), punishable by a fine of 300,000 euros and three years imprisonment. The customer is also required to comply with the security policy of the establishment's internet access provider, including the rules for using the security means implemented in order to prevent the illicit use of computer resources and to refrain from any act that would undermine the effectiveness of these means.The photographs presented on the Site and the Mobile Services of the establishment or those of its partners are for information purposes only. Although every effort is made to ensure that the photographs, graphic representations and texts reproduced to illustrate the establishment presented give as accurate an overview as possible of the accommodation services offered, variations may occur, particularly due to changes in furniture or possible renovations.The establishment cannot be held responsible for the non-execution or poor execution of the reservation in case of force majeure, due to a third party, unforeseeable and insurmountable, caused by the client, in particular the unavailability of the internet network, impossibility of access to the website, external intrusion, computer viruses or in case of prepayment not authorised by the bearer's bank.
12. DisplacementIn the event of an exceptional event or the impossibility of making the reserved room available to the customer or in the event of force majeure, the establishment reserves the possibility of having the customer stay totally or partially in an establishment of an equivalent category, for services of the same nature and subject to the customer's prior agreement.Any additional cost of the room, transport between the two establishments and a telephone call remain the responsibility of the establishment.
13. MediationThe decree of 30 October 2015 on the mediation of consumer disputes, which transposes Directive 2013/11/EU of 21 May 2013 on the out-of-court settlement of consumer disputes into French law, and Order No. 2015-1033 of 20 August 2015 on the out-of-court settlement of consumer disputes, specify the conditions for applying Article L152-1 of the French Consumer Code, which requires professionals in all consumer sectors to offer a mediation procedure in the event of a dispute with their clients. According to the law, the outcome of the mediation must take place within 90 days. We invite you to formulate your requests exclusively by e-mail, which will provide a date of your correspondence and keep a personal archive of it.Internal mediationFor all disputes that have not been resolved, we invite you to contact the Internal Mediation service, which undertakes to provide you with a satisfactory response within 30 days.In the event of dissatisfaction, you will be informed that you may have recourse to an external mediator of your choice.External mediationYou will find all official information about mediation on the government website: http://www.economie.gouv.fr/mediation-conso.We invite you to visit the Medicys website: https://www.mieist.bercy.gouv.frIf you are a member of FEVAD or want to consult or join: http://www.mediateurfevad.frThe DGCCRF website: https://www.economie.gouv.fr/dgccrfYou can also consult the appeals of the European Commission: https://webgate.ec.europa.eu/odr/main/?event=main.home.show.We bring to your attention the existence of the European authority, which is called upon to issue binding decisions on disputes concerning cross-border processing activities, thus ensuring uniform application of EU rules and avoiding different responses to the same case in different jurisdictions: https://edpb.europa.eu/edpb_fr.
14. Applicable lawThese terms and conditions of sale are subject to French and European law.